model S515 "ballade"
Integrated CD Player (*1) / CD Transport
Digital beyond digital.
Top loading mechanism like analog players. Newly designed 16-bit D/A Processor is built in a smart size, and finished as an integrated CD Player. The techonlogy of the analog like, rich sound thorough investigation, was to further improve the fine expressive power. So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD Transport, two digital output types (S/PDIF, I2S) are supported. With external adapter, this CD player also can be used as DAC.
Smart Size ― Easy to wiring from rear panel.
Complex mechanism also without the need for a top-loading, can be played by simply opening the top cover and placing the CD.
Easy to operate ― Simply close top cover.
Simply place a CD and close the top cover to automatically prepare it for playback, preventing you from forgetting to read the necessary disc information after changing CDs. The power section is also simple to operate, with only a power switch. The upper lid (top cover) also contributes to silent operation and dust prevention.
Two Digital Output Types ― Available coaxial (S/PDIF) and "Inter-IC Sound" (I2S)
So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD Transport has been provided two types of digital output, coaxial output (75Ω, S/PDIF format) and "Inter-IC Sound" (I2S, synchronized digital audio interface). In order to avoid the interference of ground loop between audio devices, it is also ground side by further adopt a separate pulse transformer complete isolation (separation).
External Digital Input ― Also can be used as DAC.
With external adapter (S512 common), this CD player also can be used as DAC. Support COAXIAL, OPTICAL and USB as external input and switchable by remote.
Optional Digital Interfaces ― To use internal D/A processor (for S515u).
From left to right, COAXIAL (S/PDIF, RCA/BNC 75 ohm), OPTICAL (TOSLINK), and USB (PC) external adapters (digital interfaces) are available. For more information, please refer to the S512 "perceive" page.
Remote Controller ― Easy to hold, easy to operate.
Every function can be controlled by the remote controller. It is easy to hold with one hand it makes it easy to operate the buttons with just the thumb. Since it operates with two AAA batteries and further saves power, it can be used for a longer period of time.
CD Transport Common (S515t/S515u)
- Power Supply: Worldwide, depend on market (IEC 3 pin AC inlet), AC110~120V, AC220~240V (factory assembled)
- Mechanism: Top loading mechanism
- Disc Format: CD-DA, CD-DA format CD-R/CD-RW, CD layer of SA-CD (SA-CD, HD-CD is not supported)
- Digital Output 1: S/PDIF (coaxial) x1 (isolated ground), 75Ω, 0.5Vpp
- Digital Output 2: I2S (BCLK/LRCK/DATA/GND) x1, XLR connector (male) ― S515t (transport type) only
- Operations: by remote controller
- Playbacks: stop, play/pause, previous/next, fast reverse/forward playback (x10), timecode (elapsed/remain, track/disc), repeat (track/disc)
- Other Operations: turn on/off external input, LCD backlight
- CD Drive Unit: Size W264 × H60 × D164 mm - B5 notebook size, Weight 1.8kg
- Power Supply Unit: Size W100 × H41 × D160 mm - Postcard size, Weight 1.1kg (without power cable)
- Materials: Stainless steel, hairline finished. Power supply unit has gray-smoke acrylic top panel.
- Accessories: power supply unit, power cable for IEC 3 pin AC inlet, disc clamp, remote controller, userʹs manual
Built-in D/A Processor engine (S515u)
- D/A converter: 16-bit non-oversampling DAC, Philips TDA1543
- Output stage: Fully discrete BJT/JFET I/V conversion, phase correction, harmonic generator
- Line output (voltage-mode): Unbalanced RCA pin jack max 2.0Vrms (0dB, 10kΩ load), L/R stereo x1
- Line output (current-mode): Unbalanced RCA pin jack max 5.5mAp-p, able to connect to 0Ω devices
- Digital Input: I2S (BCLK/LRCK/DATA/GND) x1, XLR connector (female)
model S515t ― CD Transport type (without built-in D/A Processor)
model S515u ― CD Player type (include built-in D/A Processor) ~ Also can use coaxial digital output.
Optional Power Supply Unit ― for traveller, AC110~120V and/or AC220~240V
Ask our authorized distributors/dealers.