model S503 "spiral"
CD Player (DAC included) / CD Transport
Non-oversampling D/A converter and the power supply unit is built in a compact size, and finished as an integrated CD player. The techonlogy of the low noise thorough investigation, was to further improve the fine expressive power. So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD transport, two digital coaxial outputs (S/PDIF) for complete dual monaural system.
Smart Size ― Easy to wiring from rear panel.
Complex mechanism also without the need for a top-loading, can be played by simply placing the CD in the center. If necessary, you can also be covered with a transparent dust cover which also reduces mechanical noise.
Japanese Taste ― The texture of Japan.
The top plate in 5mm thick acrylic, lighting watermark handmade Japanese paper brings the texture of Japanese taste. Elegant and cool, finished with a timeless design. The color of the paper is by hope, you can choose from below color variations. You can also choose gray-smoke monotone or clea-transparent panel without Japanese paper.
Large Front Panel ― Easy to operate.
From the left, power switch, built-in DAC power switch, lighting and LCD backlight switch, operation switch of CD playback, a descriptive toggle switch of all operational feeling adoption.
Two Digital Coaxial Outputs ― Complete dual monaural configurations are possible.
So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD transport has been provided same signals but an completely independent coaxial output of the left and right two systems (75Ω, S/PDIF format). In order to avoid the interference of the left and right of the cross talk and ground, use an independent buffer amplifier to output, it is also ground side by further adopt a separate pulse transformer complete isolation (separation). As a result, if you make the two external DAC left and right independent, complete dual monaural configurations are possible.
Remote Controller ― Easy to hold, easy to operate.
It is easy to hold with one hand it makes it easy to operate the buttons with just the thumb. Since it operates with two AAA batteries and further saves power, it can be used for a longer period of time.
CD Transport Common (S503t/S503u)
- Power Supply: Worldwide, depend on market (IEC 3 pin AC inlet), AC110~120V, AC220~240V (factory assembled)
- Mechanism: Top loading mechanism
- Disc Format: CD-DA, CD-DA format CD-R/CD-RW, CD layer of SA-CD (SA-CD, HD-CD is not supported)
- Digital Output: S/PDIF (coaxial) x2 (isolated same signals), 75Ω, 0.5Vpp
- Operations: Front panel toggle switches, remote controller
- Playbacks: stop, play/pause, previous/next, fast reverse/forward playback (x10), timecode (elapsed/remain, track/disc), repeat (track/disc)
- Size: W300×H56×D200mm - Just A4/Letter size
- Weight: 2.5kg (without power cable)
- Accessories: power cable for IEC 3 pin AC inlet, remote controller, userʹs manual
Built-in DAC (S507u)
- Both internal and external DC power supply available. φ2.1mm DC jack to connect with such as 12V battery.
- DAC: Philips TDA1543 16 bit non-oversampling DAC
- Reclock: Fully discrete analog oscillator (ultra-low jitter, ultra-low 1/f phase noise)
- Crystal: Professional grade quartz crystal (frequency drift is less than 5..7ppm)
- Output Stage: Fully discrete BJT current mirror amplifier
- S/N ratio: 96dB (typ)
- Line Output (voltage-mode): Analog RCA pin jack (unbalanced) max 2.0Vrms (0dB, 10kΩ load), L/R stereo x1
- Line output (current-mode): unbalanced RCA pin jack 5.5mAp-p, able to connect to 0Ω devices
Color variations of handmade Japanese paper
From left to right: 1.violet, 2.cobalt-blue, 3.olive, 4.plum, 5.sky-blue, 6.lavender, 7.cream, 8.gold. Please choose your favorite color for top panel when you purchase order of this product.
You can also choose gray-smoke monotone or clear-transparent panel without Japanese paper.
model S503t ― CD Transport (without built-in DAC) ~ Can add built-in DAC later.
model S503u ― CD Player (include built-in DAC) ~ Also can use both coaxial outputs.
Ask our authorized distributors/dealers.